The Application Engineer (AE) is a person who can display strong knowledge and experience in a number of technologies, solutions and target markets, can operate under minimal supervision, is a self-motivated fast learner, and is highly competent in communicating technology concepts with customers, partners, sales and fellow employees.
The AE provides technical leadership and advanced technical sales assistance. He/She is responsible for actively driving and supporting the sales process by leading and managing the technical aspects. The AE will be working with the sales team and marketing team as a key technical advisor, product advocate and solution architect across all of our market verticals in the assigned territory.
· The role is both pre-sales and post sales.
· Provide product, services and consultative support and technical solution sales support to partners, prospective and existing Black Box customers in assigned country/region.
· Provide technical solution sales support for customer facing account managers in conceptualizing, qualifying, positioning and closing complex/integrated technology solution deals.
· Meet or exceed regional support, sales and business development objectives in collaboration with the regional sales team.
· Provide relevant customer feedback to corporate: features, futures, issues, success stories and competitive field intelligence.
· Develop and deliver product presentations and/or demonstrations at customers, conferences, trade shows and other venues as required.
· Develop, deliver and facilitate knowledge transfer to sales channels and pro partners around Black Box solutions and offerings via white papers, training sessions, webinars, workshops, etc.
· Perform lab and field-trial evaluations and proof of concept testing at customer locations.
· Develop statement of work (SOW) for services sold to customers to include customized solutions, professional services and customized trainings.
· Own assigned accounts from an overall technical relationship and customer satisfaction perspective.
· Provide technical interface between business unit/product management and customers by developing technical relationships at key accounts.
· Provide customer feedback and market intelligence to the PLM team and marketing in order to assist with the development and creation of products and solutions better aligned to qualified customer and market requirements.
· Maintain expert level of product, solution and market knowledge.
· Report activities and provide regular status updates of current and future projects.
· Identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
· Proactively identify areas for expansion and development to create new business opportunities.
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant technical experience and product knowledge preferably in KVM and AV products.
· Excellent interpersonal skills including, team working skills and good communication skills. Strong team player with the ability to work successfully in a multicultural organization
· Very good presentation, analytical, negotiation, problem solving and influencing skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate in English in addition to other local languages.
· Ability and willingness to travel in Japan.
· University level degree in the discipline of Engineering and/or IT.
· Strong team player with the ability to work successfully in a multicultural organization